Sunday, April 17, 2011

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend Me Your Ears...

Syllogism! A word used very well during the Roman Empire...but what is a syllogism? 
It is an logical argument where...
A= Red is sweet, B = Apples are red, therefore in C = Apples are sweet.
A categorical syllogism consists of three parts: the major premise, the minor premise and the conclusion.

Do you mere readers need another example?
Here I go again...

Major Premise: Grey animals are huge
Minor Premise: Elephants are grey
Conclusion: Elephants are huge

And another one...

Major Premise: All mortals die
Minor Premise: Some men are mortals
Conclusion: Some men die

Any complications in understanding what is syllogism? 
None?
Good...
Now I am going to present to you a few of my friends and as as my own syllogisms...

=

Ceaser was an ambitious man,
No ambitious man refuse to be king,
Caeser has trice refuse to become the King, 
Thus Ceaser was not an ambitious man.

=

Ambitious man only think of himself,
Ceaser think of others,
Hence Ceaser is not an ambitious man

= 

Ceaser liberated hosatge and brought them home,
He shares the spoil of war with his people,
Thus Ceaser was not an ambitious man.

I believe that is all I can write, my lovely readers.
I am 'dying' to hear from you again...
Soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment